Friday, April 10, 2015

All about Korea Market

[All about Korean Market]

Hey guys long time no see! Today, I'm going to tell you about Korean Market. According to my experience traveling around the world, Market, is the best place to understand it's culture.
Shi-Jang is how we pronounce korean market in English. But because of the increase of super market,  these days we can't find many Shi-Jang as much as we did before.(We can still find several of big Shi-Jang still in each city though)

this is a picture of korean traditional clothes-Hanbok store


The Shi-Jang what I'm going to introduce you about is the biggest Shi-Jang , 'Seomun Market'in Daegu city. I lived in Daegu city until I was 15.






Do you know what Hottuck is? This is kind of a fried bread filled with honey and mixed nuts. It's called Hottuck because people who eats Hottuck should cool it by blowing it making a sound like "ho~ ho~".
Any way There are amazing hottuck in Seomun Market.



Amazing seeds mixed with honey inside MMMM~



There are fishcakes diped in the fish(+alpha) soup
 







 This is a bread filled with sweet red bean. and it's called Pool-BBang. I have no idea why this is called pool BBang because 'pool' is grass in Korean.. ;;
 




 WHATEVER.. THE BELL RANG AGAIN ;L










3 comments:

  1. OMG, I love 호떡! Your photos are making me miss Korea and Korean food so much right now! It's very difficult to find these foods in California. I have to go to the Korean supermarket, which is in a different city. When I go back to Korea, the first thing I will eat is food from the street vendors or at the city markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luv 호떡 too :D I am in Korea but I actually miss hottuck too.. Well I didn't have time to eat it.. :(
      We are goin to Busan for field trip on friday(today is wednesday). and I am really lookin forward to eat it!!!!!!!!!! Im gonna eat 떡볶이 too

      Delete
  2. I want to try Seed Hottuck too

    ReplyDelete