Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dear New Teacher

Hey! I am Matthew from the third grade. I am quite fluent in English, so I think I can help you a lot when you come here. Courtney told us to tell you something about our school and our city, and I am glad to do this for you. I don't know where you are right now, but probably it will be a lot different from here. I think you have to be very prepared to get along well. One big thing is that everyone speaks Korean(of course). What I am trying to say is the stress of 'non-communication'. I know how this feels like, and at first it will be very challenging for you to even understand what students say. I think the only solution to this is getting used to it. I hope you are not too surprised when you come. The other thing is that you are lucky. Our school is consisted of selected students. The way that students treat you will be a lot better than normal school. I will skip how classes were done until now because Courtney probably will, so I will tell you about the general thing. I think teachers will be very kind. Some might avoid you because they cannot speak English. But if you try speaking to them, they will try to talk to you as well. It is better to be active. They will like you. Outside of school there are many things to do. I don't know about your hobby, but if you like sports, there are many places for you to go. What people usually do here is soccer, basketball, baseball, biking, and hiking. I hope you like sports because a lot of students here play sports during lunch and dinner time, so if you like to participate in a game, you can play with us. There are many tasty food here, and one menu which almost everyone likes is fried chicken. It is quite different from those KFCs from the U.S. I think you should go watch a baseball game. The cheering is amazing, and you will be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. My last advice is to just have fun. That's it. See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment