Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Korean original file extension

In Korea, there are some original computer software that replace most famous software in the world.
So Korean use original file extension.
First, Hangul(한글과 컴퓨터) replace Microsoft word. It use .hwp file, so our documents can not be read in other country.

Second, Alzip replace Winrar. Alzip support .rar or .zip file, but the default setting of Alzip is .egg file. Because of this, most of Korean use .egg file to zip file, so it can not be opened other country.
And there are some more, so it is uncomfortable to use laptop when visit Korea.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, 한영. It is cumbersome and inconvenient for non-Korean people to collaborate with Korean people online, because we cannot open .hwp or .egg files on our computers! When I used to edit my students' drafts, I could never open the .hwp files from my own computer. It was frustrating! :P

    ReplyDelete