Saturday, June 13, 2015

Humans of Changwon Science High School - Searona Kim Teacher

3205 Chaebin

My hobby is making clothes. 90% of my clothes are all handmade by me!!

I chose to interview Searona Kim, my English teacher. I have had classes with her for 3 years, but I didn’t know her very well. However, I’m glad to I got to know her better through this interview.
First I asked her about the most important value in her life. The answer she gave me was authenticity. She said thinking about how she’s going to live is much more important than what others think about her. Because of what she said, I thought that I should lead my own life with my own thoughts.
My second question was about her favorite hobby. Her hobby is making clothes. 90% of her clothes are all handmade by her. They are all very well made. I also like to make things by myself, so I found something in common with my teacher. That was a novelty.

My third question asked if she had dream in her school days. She answered she had no specific dream at that time. When she was a student, teacher was one of the job she didn’t want, but she became a great teacher. It is amazing. Also, she told me that it is hard for students to have a perfect dream, so I should think about what I really want to do in my life. Because of what she said, I should think deeply about my talent and what I want to do in the future.
 
My fourth question asked if she had a mentor. Her mentor is her father. The reason was that he was always on her side while being objective at the same time. During the interview, I felt her affection and respect to her father, so I was very touched.


For my last question I asked her to say something to the 3rd grade students. She said “think about things in the long run”. This way we can have hope in hard times, and we can have a humble attitude in good times. Her comments really touched me. I should really think and live like that. The interview with Searona teacher was a very valuable time.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I enjoyed reading about this interview. I agree with Saerona: authenticity is a really valuable characteristic to strive for. We should always be true to who we are and who we were created to be.

    ReplyDelete