Sunday, June 14, 2015

Humans of CSHS - Vice principal

I interviewed vice principal.(sorry vice principal.. I don't have clean photo..)

He said, "I wants to make CSHS the best school."

I interviewed the vice principal. For the interview, I arranged 5 questions.
First I asked about the most impressive student at Gyeongnam Science High School (GSHS) when he worked at GSHS. He talked about a girl student. When she started GSHS in 2003, he was her homeroom teacher. He said, she was good at studying when she was in middle school, but she got a boyfriend and her score decreased. After the first semester of her 3rd grade year, her parents found out about it. Her score was bad and she couldn't enter the best college. The vice principal e-mailed her and said I think can go better college if you study hard. If you want to have success, study hard as you can. After 1 year, she entered Seoul National University and now, she studies at Stanford University. After this question, I knew that he really loves his students.
Second, I asked what he thought about our school life, such as the dormitory. He said that our dormitory room is very nice. He thinks it is similar to a nice college dormitory room. After this question, I recognized that he is very interested in our school life. Sometimes, he sleeps in our dormitory room, and that is proof.
Third, I asked about the subject which he liked most during high school age. He said he liked world history, and physics. It was an unforeseen answer. He was a math teacher, so I guessed that best subject was mathematics.
Fourth, I asked about his thoughts on our school students attitude. Some students study hard, but some students sleep or focus on other things. He said he feels regret. When he was a high school student, he studied very hard. Sometimes he slept in the hospital because his father was sicked. Now, our school has a very nice environment, so he wants us to study harder. After this question, I thought he likes us a lot. I think it means that he has concern for us.
Finally, I asked about his goal. He said he wants to make CSHS the best school. He wants to make a happy school for students. For example, after we graduate, if we love our school a lot, we must want to visit our school sometimes. He emphasized that our school should be a happy school for students.

I always thought the vice principal was very authoritative, but after the interview, I recognized that my thinking was wrong. He loves our school and our school students.

No comments:

Post a Comment