Sunday, June 7, 2015

INTERVIEW OF COURTNEY LEAH HILL

INTERVIEW OF COURTNEY LEAH HILL


The person I interviewed was Courtney Leah Hill, our foreign English teacher from the USA.
"I'm just giving you a little taste of my energy right now. Look how cool I am.
Do you know who I am? I am Courtney Leah Hill, the coolest woman in the world."
I first asked her about the first day when she became a teacher. Being a teacher at CSHS was actually her first experience as a teacher. She told me that her first day at CSHS was amazing. When she came to Korea, she was so tired because of the jetlag and what’s even worse is that she didn’t have place to sleep. So she slept in the dorm. The next morning she had a silent breakfast with two male teachers.
Then, I asked her about her first boyfriend. She met her boyfriend in the 3rd grade of middle school. They dated for a summer vacation and then broke up. However, they are now very good friends. He asked Courtney to be a bridesmaid of his future wife next year on his wedding.
When I asked her about the project that she is going to do when she goes back to USA, and she told me that she’ll go to South Africa to participate in a project making water filters. She seemed so passionate and happy about her job, and she was so excited when she said this to me.
My third question was “Tell me about the most impressive experience” Courtney thought for a second and told me about her sister, Crystal’s boyfriend. Crystal’s boyfriend was a dumb and whatever he said was so bad. The best part about him was that he was a little bit funny. Courtney couldn’t understand why her sister dated him. Fortunately crystal broke up with him.
For my last question, I said, ”Your major is actually an environmental engineer, but you’ve experienced being a teacher. Which do you prefer, and why?” She preferred being an environmental engineer. She liked being a teacher too, but she liked her job more because she wanted to be an environmental engineer for rest of her life.
I then wanted to ask her if she would suggest that students experience being a foreign teacher in another country. She said that her experience was so great because it is a good opportunity to learn how other people live. She thinks that it is important to understand that different isn’t a strange thing.

Interviewing Courtney, I had few things to think about deeply. Courtney had a significant future goal and she recently graduated her university with the major, ‘Environmental engineering’. She likes her major and she is passionate about it. However, I haven’t even been to university yet and I think I don’t have that clear future goal yet too. I don’t mean that my situation is bad because I’m still young. But I want to have a major which I can enjoy like Courtney does.

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! Courtney sure is an inspiration to all of you science high school students! I'm excited that she gets to go to South Africa next year!

    ReplyDelete